ST. MICHAEL’S CHURCH
FROM THE WIKIPEDIA PAGE
It is a Gothic Revival-style stone church in the form of a Latin cross, 177 feet (54 m) long and 92 feet (28 m) feet wide. Plans and designs for the church began in 1887, and in 1890 it was finished and dedicated. The Lockport sandstone and Medina brownstone were hauled by barge down the Erie Canal. The building was designed to seat 1,100 parishioners. The organ was built by J. W. Steere & Son Organ Company of Springfield, Mass and has 2,169 pipes. The church bells were manufactured by the Meneely and Kimberly foundry, and by the McShane Bell Foundry.