Mass: Church of the Annunciation (English)
A weekly mass in English presented at Annunciation Church.
- Investigation: Cardinal Wuerl received $2 million in 2020 for ‘ministry activities’Washington D.C., Mar 4, 2021 / 05:32 pm (CNA).- Cardinal Donald Wuerl, archbishop emeritus of Washington DC who stepped down in 2018 amid scandal, received over $2 million from the archdiocese last year for unspecified “ministry activities,” an investigation has found. A March 3 examination of the archdiocese’s financial records by The Pillar found that Wuerl […]
- Bishops across US issue split messages on Johnson & Johnson COVID vaccineDenver Newsroom, Mar 4, 2021 / 04:24 pm (CNA).- Bishops across the United States have weighed in with varied guidance for their flocks amid renewed debate over the morality of the Johnson & Johnson COVID-19 vaccine, which received emergency FDA authorization last weekend. While the bishops’ conference at large has said the Johnson & Johnson vaccine […]
- 'Open the doors again': One advocate urges nursing home visitation to resumeWashington D.C., Mar 4, 2021 / 03:00 pm (CNA).- The U.S. must consider increasing nursing home visitation during the pandemic, one advocate for elder care told CNA. “It’s necessary to open the doors again, and end the isolation of the elderly,” said Jim Towey, founder and CEO of the group Aging with Dignity, which advocates […]
- The Catholic Church celebrates Easter Monday under the title 'Monday of the Angel'ACI Prensa Staff, Mar 4, 2021 / 02:53 pm (CNA).- On Easter Monday, the Catholic Church celebrates what’s called “Monday of the Angel.” In many countries in Europe and South America, this day, also known as “Little Easter,” is a national holiday.In a Vatican Radio recording in 1994, Pope John Paul II gave an explanation for […]
- Relics of St. Elizabeth Ann Seton to be displayed this summer at her shrineWashington D.C., Mar 4, 2021 / 02:00 pm (CNA).- The Sisters of Charity of New York have donated several of St. Elizabeth Ann Seton’s relics to the National Shrine of St. Elizabeth Ann Seton, it was announced on March 1. The relics, which include the saint’s religious bonnet, rosary, and crucifix, will be displayed in […]