Who We Are
We are a multicultural and multiethnic parish with Masses in English and Spanish. Parish life includes a variety of ministries to meet the needs of families and individuals who are seeking to know the Lord and to serve him, including: prayer groups, Bible study, evangelization, visits to the sick, prison ministry and youth ministry.
• Matthew's Closet has provided quality clothing in a dignified environment, regardless of the ability to pay. Located at 316 Bay St., it accepts families and individuals referred by social, health care, and religious agencies in the Rochester area. Annually they serve as many as 2,900 children and adults. See here.
• The Sr. Regis Food Cupboard, also located at 316 Bay St., provides several days worth of food for each family. It services over 800 families as well. Their 211 page is here.
Other ministries include:
• ChristLife Ministry of Evangelization - to bring the gospel to “who will hear it if there’s no one to preach” (Rom. 10).
• Youth Ministry - engaging the youth to be followers of Christ today and to be faith-filled leaders tomorrow.
• Thanksgiving and Christmas baskets and gifts, (done in collaboration with suburban parishes help to supply scores of baskets of food, clothes and toys to the needy.
• Our parish also has multiple cultural celebrations and activities to maintain the heritage of our congregation.