Is Eastern Orthodox Christianity the authentic form of Christianity?
- Orthodox Beliefs That Are Distinctive. Following the “Great Schism” between Eastern and Western Christendom in the 11th century, Eastern Orthodoxy emerged as a separate branch of Christianity. Organization and Religious Authority.
- Orthodox Worship and Religious Practices.
- Organization and Religious Authority.
Who are the major leaders of Christianity?
Religious leaders in the Christian religion today
- Bishop of Canterbury Rowan Williams of the Anglican Communion.
- Ecumenical Patriarch Bartholomew I of the Eastern Orthodox Church.
- Patriarch Kirill I of Moscow of the Russian Orthodox Church.
Who is the head of the Church of Scotland?
Presbyterianism distinguishes the Church of Scotland from other churches in that it recognizes only Jesus Christ as “King and Head of the Church.” As a result, the Queen does not possess the title of ‘Supreme Governor’ of the Church of Scotland; when she attends Church services in Scotland, Her Majesty is treated as an ordinary member of the congregation.
Who is the leader of the Baptist church?
Everyone is treated equally in the Baptist movement. There is no hierarchy of bishops or priests who exercise control over the congregation’s members in this congregation. Following the doctrine of apostolic succession, Baptists reject the notion that power is passed down from prior church leaders who can be traced back to the apostles.
Who is the head of Catholic Church?
He is also known as the supreme pontiff (Pontifex maximus or Summus Pontifex), Roman pontiff (Romanus Pontifex), or Roman bishop (Bishop of Rome). The pope (Latin: papa, from Greek:, romanized: pappas, “father”), also known as the bishop of Rome, head of the worldwide Catholic Church, and head of state or sovereign of the Vatican City State.