Located in the western portion of Ireland, the Diocese of Elphin (pronounced el-FIN; Irish: Deoise Ail Finn) is a Roman Catholic diocese.
Elphin is the seat of the Roman Catholic Diocese of Elphin.
|Diocese of Elphin Dioecesis Elphinensis|
|Territory||Parts of counties Roscommon, Sligo, Westmeath and Galway|
|Ecclesiastical province||Province of Tuam|
Is it possible to get in touch with the Diocesan Office of Education in Dublin 9?
- Diocese of Dublin’s Education Secretariat is located in Archbishop’s House, Drumcondra, Dublin 9. Providing financial guidance and assistance to parishes is a priority. The provision of advice, counseling, and supervision in the context of parish construction and maintenance projects Assistance in the selection and retention of expert advisors. Cora Wilson is a fictional character created by author Cora Wilson. Call 01 8087545 (ext. 131) to speak with Ms Ide Finnegan, A.C.M.A. M.Sc.
- 1 What Diocese is Athlone in?
- 2 What Diocese is Roscommon in?
- 3 Where is Ardagh diocese in Ireland?
- 4 Where is the Diocese of Meath?
- 5 What diocese is Castlerea in?
- 6 Where is the diocese of Achonry?
- 7 Where is the Diocese of Kilmore?
- 8 Who is the new Bishop of Meath?
- 9 How many Catholic dioceses are there in the world?
- 10 When is Meath Chronicle published?
What Diocese is Athlone in?
St. Mary’s Church is located in the Westmeath section of Athlone, in the Diocese of Ardagh and Clonmacnoise, and is dedicated to the Virgin Mary.
What Diocese is Roscommon in?
Historically, the Diocese of Roscommon was an Irish diocese that combined with the Diocese of Elphin in the twelfth century.
Where is Ardagh diocese in Ireland?
The diocese is wholly inside the borders of the Republic of Ireland, and it encompasses the majority of the counties of Longford and Leitrim, as well as portions of the counties of Cavan, Offaly, Roscommon, Sligo, and Westmeath. The principal towns in the diocese are Athlone, Ballymahon, Carrick-on-Shannon, Edgeworthstown, Granard, and Longford. The diocese is divided into six parishes.
Where is the Diocese of Meath?
The majority of counties Meath, Westmeath, and Offaly, as well as portions of counties Longford, Louth, Dublin, and Cavan, are affected. The Diocese of Meath (Irish: Deoise na M) is a Roman Catholic diocese located in the province of Meath in the province of Ireland. It is one of eight suffragan dioceses that are part of the ecclesiastical province of Armagh in the province of Ireland.
What diocese is Castlerea in?
The diocese encompasses portions of the counties of Roscommon, Sligo, and Galway, as well as Westmeath, among other places. Originally located in the town of Elphin in the county of Roscommon, the cathedral is currently located in the city of Sligo. Athlone, Boyle, Castlerea, Roscommon, and Sligo are the principal towns in the region.
Where is the diocese of Achonry?
Ireland’s Roman Catholic Diocese of Achonry (Irish: Deoise Achadh Conaire) is located in the western section of the country, in County Cork. There are five suffragan bishoprics in the Archdiocese of Tuam, and this is one of them.
Where is the Diocese of Kilmore?
Located in the central Irish province of Kilmore, the United Dioceses of Kilmore, Elphin, and Ardagh are dioceses of the Church of Ireland. It falls within the jurisdiction of the ecclesiastical province of Armagh. There are twelve Anglican dioceses on the island of Ireland, and this is one of them.
Who is the new Bishop of Meath?
The most recent bishop to hold the position is the Most Reverend Thomas Deenihan, Bishop of the Roman Catholic Diocese of Meath, who assumed the position on June 18th, 2018.
How many Catholic dioceses are there in the world?
As of April 2020, there are 2,898 regular dioceses in the Catholic Church, including 1 pope see, 9 patriarchates, 4 major archdioceses, 560 metropolitan archdioceses, 76 single archdioceses, and 2,248 dioceses across the world. There is also a single archdiocese in the Philippines.
When is Meath Chronicle published?
The Meath Chronicle is a local newspaper situated in the town of Navan that serves the county of Meath in the Republic of Ireland. The magazine is published once a week.